Jackie's Cabbage Soup
[10 Servings at 60 calories]
Don't let what looks like a lot of ingredients fool you. With the exception of the cabbage, you probably have all this at home anyways.
· ½ Large Red Cabbage, Sliced medium
· 1 Whole Onion, Sliced Thin
· 4 Large Celery Stalks, Sliced thin
· 3 Large Carrots, Grated
· 1 Medium Red/Orange Pepper
· 1 ½ cups of Crushed Tomatoes
· 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
· 2 Tablets Chicken Bouillon
· 4 Small Red Potatoes, Diced small
· Diced Garlic 3 cloves
· Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Adobo, Italian Seasoning
· 10-16 Cups of Water
1. Sauté Onions, Celery, Peppers, and carrots with diced garlic with Olive Oil Spray ( 0 Calories) until soft
2. Add in Spices and sauté until Fragrant. Add in cabbage. Saute lightly until starting to get soft. Add in diced potatoes. Sauté lightly.
3. Add in crushed tomatoes, and diced tomatoes. It should be very thick. Stir to combine everything. Add in your bouillon.
4. Add in water. Start with 10 cups. Boil down until some of the water is gone. This will increase the flavor. Add water up to what it was when you started.
5. Cook on a simmer until potatoes are cooked through and it is thick enough for you.
6. Serve! With 10 Servings ( 16 cups of water) its 60 calories a serving . That’s a 2 cup serving for 60 calories.